Skip to main content

PURPOSE PURSUIT

GRADUATE AND MARRY?

I was shocked when my roommate, back then in the university, said that she couldn't wait to graduate and  marry. I am not against getting married immediately after graduation, but I was expecting to hear something inspiring from a youthful single lady.

I got another surprise during an evening get together in a youth fellowship, when each person was asked about their future pursuit; a young lady said she wanted to be a pastor's wife. I am not sure how such matter works, but I was sure eager to hear people talk of their wonderful aspirations. I actually wasn't truthful to myself anyway when I told them that I wanted to be a banker.

I was in a youth conference one day, when the facilitator anchoring the aspect of purpose asked us to imagine where we want to be. He said, "Begin to see yourself in that position". Perhaps others were seeing, but I wasn't. I needed more time to discover myself.

Everyday is for discovery. Let's make the best out of every opportunity in life. Keep discovering great things about yourself, people, and things around you.

Thus I say, from my perspective that, purpose fulfilment is never to be a come and go on planet earth, but to live  a accomplished and leave that mark that says, 'I was HERE'.

I believe the 'thing' we call our calling, purpose or vocation is the thing that only a single soul can do because only they will ever have the exact mix of experiences, passions, values, desires, relationships and skills that they have and continue to collect throughout life
(Eric Mcenroy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER TOMORROW

CHAPTER ONE It's like waking up and finding myself in a dreamland. Dreamland or reality? Whatever this scene may seem, truth reflects in this: life is a journey. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Violet, and I,    White were altogether that morning sitting by the pool which shimmered under the luminous sun. The reflection of hope was what we saw, smelt, and felt as we washed ourselves in the pool, and  joyfully refreshed to resume our travel.

Love versus Lust

Love is an intense feeling or affection and care towards another person. Lust is a strong craving for something. In terms of intimate relationship, lust is a strong desire to get sexually intimate with the opposite sex. According to Judith Orloff M.D's book on intuitive healing she discussed the difference between lust and love: Pure lust is based solely on physical attraction and fantasy--it often dissipates when the "real person" surfaces. ...... However, real love, not based on idealization or projection, requires time to get to know each other. Here are some signs to watch for to differentiate pure lust from love. SIGNS OF LUST *You're totally focused on a person's looks and body. *You're interested in having sex, but not in having conversations. *You'd rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings. *You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning. *You are lovers, but not fr

Dreams Never Die Till... (1)

Nothing can be more alive in the inner recesses of our minds than our dreams. That is the proof of the incontestable superiority of our dreams to all other ideas and thoughts swirling around our brains for attention. The reason is that our rise and fall in life depends on the types of dream we harbour and nurture in our minds.